I purchased VKB but cannot connect to it.
Before anything else, check that both the virtual keyboard and
the device you are connecting it to do not have a nearly empty
battery. Some devices do not detect anything if they are low on
1. Perform a "hard" reset. While keyboard is on insert end of
paper-clip into reset hole under rubber flap on lower right
side; Wait for beep; Pick up keyboard, wait for it to turn off;
place on surface and turn it on. The keyboard is now ready for
In some cases it is necessary to hold Shift (up) + Fn + B until
the keyboard beeps. (about 3 seconds). This will set the
keyboard to "discoverable" mode.
2. Ensure that Serial Port service is enabled on your PocketPC -
BT Settings->Services->Serial Port (Make sure it is enabled,
encrypted and incoming and outgoing COM ports are enabled).
3. Perform pairing (BT Manager ->Tools->Paired Devices)
4. Open the SPP connection via BT Manager->New->Explore a
Bluetooth Device->(Select VKB Keyboard)->SPP->Finish
5. My Shortcuts->(Long Press on SPP)->Connect
Has keyboard connected ? (Is the VKB Keyboard LED solid blue)?
If the process above has failed, Please tell us at which stage
it failed. Was a message displayed?
Please fill the contact us form with all the error details, and
mention a "Hardware failure".
I got my unit and I cannot connect it to Dell Axim x50?
1. First pair with the BT VKB as described in the user
2. Go to the Bluetooth Manager and select "Explore a Bluetooth
3. Turn on the BT VKB and the PDA should discover a service
called SSP (a serial port).
4. Enter a pass code (for example "0000") on the BT VKB and "press"(hit)
the enter key on the BT VKB.
5. The PDA should respond by bring up a screen for you to enter
the same pass code.
6. Create a short cut in your Bluetooth manager.
7. When you want to connect, click & hold the short cut you
created in step 7, click "Connect". The short cut should turn
green to indicate you're connected.
8. Launch the BT VKB program; make certain that Bluetooth is
selected under the Connection tab.
9. Select the VKB tab, select the Enable Keyboard, answer NO to
the question: "Is this the first time you are connecting to the
You should now see the battery level and be connected.
I got my unit and I cannot connect it to Samsung i730.
Your Samsung i730 uses the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack. Though the
i730 icon is not on the CD, it uses the same driver, and
instructions as the i-mate Jam (a.k.a. Dopod 818/XDA Mini).
a. Install this driver (to check that you have the right driver
installed, open the driver, go to VKB-> About. Should say at the
b. Turn on your Keyboard. Press Shift-Fn-B for about 2-3 seconds
until hearing a beep (your keyboard is now ready for
c. Tap the VKB Program
d. Tap the Connection tab and select Bluetooth from the Virtual
Keyboard on dropdown box.
e. Press the Search button.
f. Upon completion of the search, the drop down list of devices
should be filled with VKB Keyboard.
g. Tap the VKB tab and check the Enable Keyboard checkbox.
h. The software will prompt you for a Bluetooth passkey; Using
the keyboard on the screen of the i730, enter a passkey of
between 1 and 5 digits (one digit is enough) and then tap
i. Listen for the "beep" on the Virtual Keyboard, then, using
the keyboard projected by the Virtual Keyboard repeat the
passkey and press return .
j. The blue LED will go on to show your successful connection.
You are now ready to use the keyboard.
I'm using a Kensington dongle and keep getting an error
message that pairing failed.
The Kensington dongle driver does not support HID protocol, and
does not work with the VKB driver for windows.
There are 3 possible solutions (#3 usually proves to be the
1) Update the software with drivers that support HID and can
work with the Kensington dongle (can be found
2) Use an HID supporting dongle like Ambicom or IVT.
3) Add the PnPID to the Windows Bluetooth inf file.
This makes the Windows SP2 Bluetooth software recognize the
Step-by-step instructions for this can be found in
Does the VKB (Bluetooth) work with windows mobile 5.0 (I
am purchasing a smartphone with windows mobile 5.0)?
Depends on which smartphone model you have.
Our keyboard supports both the HID and SPP Bluetooth profiles
(services). Some of the newer WM5 models come with built-in HID
service and will work as is with the keyboard.
When trying to pair my Bluetooth VKB with my PalmTX/Treo
650 (other PalmOS device) I get a "Serial: timeout. Could be bad
cable or faulty Modem. (Ser 03005)" Error message.
First, before starting, please make sure that you have the
latest version of the VKB Driver for PalmOS. It should be
V4.6.5. (Go to VKB->About....). If not - please download and
install from the website.
I'm trying to connect my VKB to a Blackberry and I'm
getting "Injector API" errors.
This error means that the BlackBerry's security settings need to
be adjusted for the VKB driver.
If your BlackBerry E-Mail is not connected using BES, follow
1. Open [OptionsAdvance OptionsApplicationsModules]
2. Highlight the VKB Driver application
3. Select "Edit Permissions"
4. Select "Interactions"
5. Select "Change Option" and set it to "Allow"
6. Exit and Save
7. Pair with the Virtual Keyboard
(If the VKB is already paired, delete the bluetooth connection
and pair again to the VKB)
If your BlackBerry E-Mail is using BES then your security
profile is there.
Only BES 4.0 and higher allow you to change the security
profile, so you can't use the VKB with a 3.7 BES.
To learn how to change the BES settings, please read
How do I download and install the keyboard driver onto
1. Download the driver for your device from the
2. Connect your device to the computer using its synchronization
3. Run the driver file on the computer. (It will extract and
instal the driver)
The synchronizing application should come with your original
device. In case this is missing for some reason, here are some
links to these programs.
Pocket PC/Windows Mobile -
If your device supports HID (like Windows Mobile 5), no driver
Palm - Palm Desktop
I get an error message as soon as I enter the passkey on
the VKB (using a PC, Laptop, or Tablet PC).
All bluetooth software is not the same. Check what
Bluetooth Software you are using by opening the Device Manager
found in Control Panel->System->Hardware. Check the properties
of the items listed under Bluetooth. Toshiba, Widcomm, and
Broadcom bluetooth software are different in how the expect the
passkey to be exchanged.
happens alot in Windows Tablet PC Edition and computers who come
with Windows Service Pack 2 which often have a different
Bluetooth Stack driver.
The Solution is to reset the Bluetooth Stack Software as
I'm using a Mac and pairing is not working.
Mac OS 10.4 and above defaults to making its own passkey for
bluetooth pairing. Other Macs may have this setting too. (You
may see an application window flash during pairing due to this.)
To pair with a user chosen passkey (for the VKB) use this
1) Open the System Preferences Application.
2) In the Hardware Section, click on "Bluetooth".
3) Select the "Devices" tab.
4) Click "Set Up New Device".
5) The Introduction page for the Bluetooth Setup Assistant is
displayed. Click "Continue".
6) The "Select Device Type" page appears. Select "Any Device" or
"Other Device" and click "Continue".
7) Select the VKB Keyboard device.
Before you click continue,
8) Click on "Passkey Options.", select "Use a specific passkey",
and click "OK".
9) Click "Continue".
From this point on, watch for the VKB to beep. This is the
prompt to enter the passkey on it (and hit return). Some
computers will prompt for a passkey before the VKB does, others
10) The Setup Assistant will ask you for a "Passkey" to pair
with your device. Enter your passkey and click "Continue".
11) Wait a few moments and the "Congratulations" page will come
up. Click "Quit".
What passkey or PIN do I need to make the keyboard work?
When you pair the keyboard to your device, choose your own
passkey when prompted for it. Right afterwards, type the same
passkey on the keyboard and hit enter. Please note, on some
devices (like Blackberries) it is necessary to input the passkey
on the keyboard first and then the device.
I'm able to detect the VKB, but am getting errors like
"Unable to connect." and "Serial: ( Ser 030C )."
Some devices do not prompt for a passkey to begin the pairing
process. In these cases, entering a passkey on the VKB (such as
1234), while the device is connecting and saying "Trying to
connect." or "Retrieving servies - please wait." will cause the
device to ask you to confirm the passkey. Afterwards the VKB and
the device will pair correctly.
How do I open the .zip files?
Two programs useful for opening zip files are Winzip and Winrar.
provides a trial version of Winzip.
provides the WinRar program.
After installing, simply right click the file and select
How do I know if the VKB has a hardware problem and I
should return it?
If the VKB does not beep each time you press a key, even after a
hard restart, then something is wrong with the detection
If the VKB does not turn off, or does not turn on after being
fully charged, then there is a problem with the switches.
All other problems with pairing the VKB are not hardware